- Prepare and provide food to the chimpanzees
- Clean and sanitize chimpanzee housing areas, equipment, and other related areas or materials. May use cleaning equipment.
- Remove and replace bedding.
- Observe chimpanzee behavior and appearance. Report unusual behavior or injuries.
- Transport food, bedding, or supplies from storage areas to animal areas.
- Maintain records of health, behavior, cleaning, etc.
- Provide enrichment and training to chimpanzees as directed.
- May administer medications and treatment under supervision.
- May maintain stock of feed, bedding, and cleaning supplies.
- May assist in planning and implementing special projects, including educational programs.
- May assist behavioral or veterinary staff as directed.
- Assist in training new animal care staff.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Works under general supervision of Colony Director, Supervisor, or senior animal care staff.
- Does not normally supervise anyone, but may serve as group leader.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Knowledgeable about variety of field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on pre-established guidelines and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Exercises judgment to make recommendations for improvement.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions and write legibly and accurately.
- No prior animal experience required, but must have aptitude for the care and well-being of animals.
- This work will require bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, listening, pulling, pushing, reading, speaking, squatting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, watching, and writing.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry 50lbs for short distances.
- Must be able to assist in lifting chimpanzees (up to 75lbs).
- Duties may require driving Chimp Haven vehicles, and must have a valid driver’s license and meet Chimp Haven’s motor vehicle operating standards.
- Work may involve considerable outdoor work in various weather conditions.
- Potential exists for animal bites and scratches.
- Potential exposure to unpleasant odors, animal wastes, animal tissues and body fluids, toxic chemicals, zoonotic diseases (tuberculosis, shigella, etc.) infectious agents (Hepatitis B, C, HIV, etc.)
- Weekend, holiday, and night work may be necessary.
- Participation in a medical monitoring and surveillance program that includes hepatitis B and other inoculations is required.
- Safety training, equipment, clothing, and supplies will be provided
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
More than a refuge, Chimp Haven offers 200 acres designed entirely for chimpanzees. Here, chimps can roam woodland and wide-open spaces; feast on fresh fruits and veggies; and thrive in large families. Here, they’re living the chimp life.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.chimphaven.org
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)